CXC Global partnered with a national transport organisation, who specialised in developing and managing urban toll roads throughout Australia. Given the nature of their work, this organisation employed over 100 contract workers nationally, typically for around ten months at a time.
Traditionally, recruitment for this company has been undertaken by hiring managers through at least 15 different recruitment agencies. This sheer number of talent sources meant there was a lack of consistency across onboarding, employee agreements, rates and supplier margins.
This prevented accessing comprehensive workforce data – to attain insights about contractors, they needed to contact recruitment agencies individually.
This fragmented approach to workforce sourcing meant they needed a new way to make better hiring decisions with improved speed and accuracy.
The service we receive from CXC has been great, our Account Manager is always on hand to deal with any issues in a prompt and efficient manner and more importantly foresee and potential issues before they arise. The management of our contractor workforce has never been so transparent and reportable and this has been in direct correlation to our engagement of CXC as a partner.
As a company built on a foundation of integrity, collaboration, accountability, ingenuity and respect, the organisation needed a partner that understood their values and could act as an extension of the business and brand, on behalf of their contingent workforce.
CXC Global provided the client with this partnership, by establishing a contingent workforce management solution. This included:
- Contractor onboarding
- Contractor management
- Contractor lifecycle management
- Contractor payroll management
CXC Global now provide in-depth data on their contingent workforce, including:
- Monthly spend report
- Contingent worker extensions and end date report
- Contingent worker right-to-work and visa
- Insurance expiry report
- Contingent workforce report
- Contingent worker starters report
- Contingent worker finishers report
- Invoice report
- Contingent worker assignment tenure report
- KPI report
- Outstanding timesheets report
Reporting is managed by a dedicated project management team, drawing together subject matter experts from across the business, including HR, Procurement, Finance, Hiring Managers, Recruitment and IT. The client has access to a dedicated account manager as well as CXC Global’s customer service team. We operate on a tripartite relationship with the client, agencies and the contract workers, ensuring consistency across the account.
The key results are already being realised, just six weeks into the program. These include:
- Savings through agency agreements: The client has expanded their recruitment agency suppliers to a total of 30 providers. Because of the centralised workforce management solution CXC Global provides, they are able to limit agency margins from 24% to under 14%. Additionally, once a contract worker has been with the company for 12 months, the agency margin no longer applies.
Savings from these initiatives, at the time of implementation, were around $180,000.
- Oversight of business operations: CXC Global provides tailored reporting and analysis to the client, with oversight over their contract workforce, allowing them to make more effective workforce and business decisions.
- Better compliance and risk management: CXC Global ensures all contractors go through the same process of police checks, updated insurances and superannuation, achieving a streamlined candidate experience and a vastly improved risk profile.
- CXC Global also discovered that mandatory police checks had not been conducted on 20% of all active working contractors when we first examined the workforce population. Now, this process is standard at the time of contractor onboarding.