Has your business stopped considering the option of engaging global contractors because of the COVID-19 crisis?
“Yes…these are tough times… global talent is no longer an option”… we hear you say
With the world on the brink of economic catastrophe, it’s kind of hard to imagine life as it was only a few weeks ago…
- Like when you needed a contractor for a highly specialised project requirement
- Like when you were looking to bring overseas contractors to your business in Australia, for a finite period
- Like when you couldn’t find the talent you needed locally but had started to reach out to your global network, knowing you could source the hire offshore
These seemingly simple tasks, commonplace as recently as early March 2020, are now out of reach for the foreseeable future. Crazy times.
We’ve seen organisations in Australia in panic mode. Some, with the biggest project hurdles being skills deficiencies.
Skills that are highly specialised, often technical, and rare.
Like, really rare.
Whereas ordinarily, these organisations would be casting the sourcing net widely, beyond the borders of their local network. Today, they’re in a position of having to reconsider projects and deliverables, often integral to their very existence.
The facts are these.
If you do need talent, skills or expertise that you simply can’t find locally, global contractors are absolutely an option for you.
COVID-19 may have closed borders, immobilised workers and shuttered entire populations to the confines of their homes. But it hasn’t – and it won’t – prevent you from engaging global contractors. It won’t stop the potential of your business. It can’t hinder your growth and productivity.
Right now, we’ve enabled a number of major global brands to achieve what’s just recently been thought of as impossible: helping them source, engage and hire contract workers located in many different locations across the globe.
The global contractors are based in their country of origin. And they’re working for our clients here in Australia or elsewhere across the globe. It’s a phenomenal solution for output continuity during these uncertain times.
Put simply, what we’ve helped these clients achieve includes:
- Engage highly skilled, hard-to-find global contractors
- Onboarded these workers successfully, with full statutory compliance
- Commenced the remote working relationship
- Set up all payroll and insurances
- Taken care of all foreign country-specific taxation laws
- Set up project reporting parameters for the remote workers
- Assisting in the establishment of a weekly schedule for the remote relationship to operate successfully, factoring in time differences
And often, as an added bonus, these clients have also achieved:
- A cut in project costs
- Progression of project timeframes
- Maintained project momentum
- Added incredible value to their team, project and business
The talent pool of global contractors is literally available to you right now. Don’t let the fear of this uncertain time immobilise you.
As one of the world’s leading providers of contingent worker management solutions, CXC is well positioned to optimise all elements of your contingent workforce strategy. With operations in more than 50 countries across five continents and decades of experience, we can assist with every aspect of your program.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help please contact us here.