COVID-19 has shaken everyone’s world and has shared the potential of Mother Nature. In simple words, if there is something like a societal wake-up call for human beings, that’s corona virus pandemic. This deadly pandemic has made us look at our poor hygiene measures and the misuse of nature. Apart from making the human race see the worse, this pandemic phase has helped people join hands with innovation and new survival techniques.
Predictions for the Future of Work pre-COVID-19.
As per a report released by the Bureau of Labor, hardly 29% of Americans used to practice work from home criteria prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. This percentage has risen to 43% only within the United States. To be precise, this number is somewhere equal to 7 million people. Further, Deloitte released a report on this and stated that by the end of April, around 1.6 billion workers experienced the dilemma of getting their livelihood and source of earning destroyed immediately.
Here are 8 strong predictions for the Future of Work:
- Most of the work cultures will rely on online data.
- The present time generation will prefer to work even after the standard retirement age.
- However, money is one of the vital reasons for people to work, but this will change in the near future. More than money, people will run after skills and leadership qualities.
- More automation and usage of online software/tools will be welcomed to strengthen the work processes and streamline work while maintaining complete social distancing.
- The designation of an analytics engineer will be one of the highly paid jobs in the Future.
- So far, the side-businesses will turn into the authentic and lasting business options.
- AI enriched devices and mediums will be the new technology buddy in the Future.
- The current and future generations would demand 100% operational transparency from the management team.
How has it reshaped the world of work?
The corporate world has been facing the worst and the best so far. Right from experiencing the increased productivity to laying off employees after paucity of projects, both these scenarios have been a turning point for many organisations throughout the world. With this, the total number of freelancers and self-employed professionals has increased to a considerable extent.
What were some of the most significant challenges/changes companies faced?
However, working from home and adopting the new technologies to survive in the current scenario has got a long list of perks to offer, but at the same time, there are a few obstacles too.
- Staying organised and connected with the other teammates have been witnessed as the most common challenge so far.
- Scheduling tasks as per the deadlines
- Being available for instant conference calls
- Remembering the frequent or regular tasks of the day
- Forgetting to switch off the systems even after the work hours.
- Team interactions
Predictions for the rest of 2020.
The Future of work is expected to be challenging yet innovative to showcase the best in the domain. At present, professionals will be required to wear multiple hats to remain sturdy and productive in the industry. Be it self-employed or professionals associated with organisations, everyone is expected to add more to their skill set and tenfold the work potential for better productivity.
The Final Word
The corona virus outbreak has proved to be a challenging phase for businesses, the health sector, and people surviving on daily wages. This adverse juncture has not just confined our social gatherings but has also changed the future of work.