A leading Australian professional services client, with almost 6,000 staff in 16 offices, engages contractors to service a number of client requirements in industries ranging from banking and finance to mining and utilities. Historically, their contingent talent model sourced contingent talent directly through internal networks.
This organisation was seeking an alternative solution, where they could focus on ‘high value’ talent sourcing, separate from the management and engagement of independent contractors: a process that was typically time consuming and resource intensive. This needed to be accomplished through the coordination of a significant number of stakeholders throughout the business. Existing contractors would need to be migrated from a range of contract types to a standardised contract.
Fieldglass has a long standing and trusted partnership with CXC Global as a supplier of payroll and contractor employment solutions within the SAP Fieldglass Talent Management ecosystem. CXC Global are a recommended, reliable and trusted partner.
CXC implemented a contractor management solution supported by a custom-built online management portal. This software was tailored to support their contractor requisition, approval, on-boarding and management processes.
In total, CXC developed three online portals to meet the client’s requirements:
- Client Portal: supporting the creation of internal documents and reporting
- Contractor Portal: supporting internal processes for policies, timesheets and expenses
- Manager Portal: a central portal for contractor timesheet and expense approvals.
Additionally, the CXC solution involved:
- An outsourcing solution that delivered legislative and tax compliance
- A streamlined, automated online contractor engagement process, in-keeping with internal policy requirements
- A communication model where both contractors and line managers were fully aware of any process changes, educational and legal information
- Cost savings and efficiency improvements across procurement, HR and finance departments
- Visibility of the contractor base (cost, tenure, effectiveness) through supplier reporting and analysis
- Greater flexibility in the management of contractors; a factor not previously available from the internal model
- Accessing a contractor care program of the highest industry standard.
Providing greater insight to support strategic decision-making around their contingent workforce has been a priority for the partnership. Throughout the partnership, this goal has been achieved, in addition to the following:
- Improved reporting across spend, contingent workers trend data, KPIs and budget analysis. For example, breakdown of contractor costs by business unit, cost centre and location
- Improved monitoring of the contractor talent pool. This includes better decision making on contractor engagements and/or migrations to employee status; contract extensions; and reward schemes
- Additional roadshows and education sessions to stakeholders around the need for issue-free contractor engagement and management, resulting in higher performance and output and improved motivation levels of the contractor population.
To achieve greater visibility of spend and greater control of the contingent workforce, CXC introduced the client to our Vendor Management System (VMS) alliance partner, Fieldglass (an SAP company and world leader in VMS technology). The implementation was successfully completed and the new system is now fully operational, compliant with internal governance standards.
This client continues to work with CXC today, a relationship that now stands at seven years.