As the demand for contingent workers increases, organisations are faced with new challenges and risks that are becoming ever more complex. Recently, we’ve seen companies exposed to severe risks including:
- Engagement of workers under company structures without the adequate insurances, or compliance to other key requirements such as health and safety.
- Contractors who have finished in the organisation still accessing client systems, leading to data security risks.
- Companies engaging recruitment suppliers who, without their knowledge, were subcontracting the contingent workers through third party non-compliant providers (for example, Plutus Payroll).
To help organisations mitigate these risks, and navigate the complex world of contingent work, CXC has released a definitive guide for assessing your contingent workforce risk profile. Download your copy of the guide to see how your organisation can manage:
- Background screening
- Data security
- Health and safety
- Compliance with the Fair Work Act
- Payroll tax liability
- Onboarding and offboarding
Being actively aware of the impact of these risks will enable your organisation to take critical steps before engaging contractors into your business.