“IMG now has an efficient process to engage contractors and turn around compliance within short timescales.”
Without structure and governed compliance processes in place, IMG were concerned with how the business could mitigate risk and adhere to current legislation.
CXC partnered with the company to provide compliance, contract and payroll management solutions to contractors (often freelancers) who had serviced their business for up to 20 years.
CXC’s MSP solution has delivered enhanced visibility, compliance and governance controls to the company.
IMG was founded in 1960 with a single deal that would prove the advent of modern-day sports marketing. They’re a global leader in sports, events, media and fashion, operating in more than 30 countries with 3,000 employees. The company represents and manages some of the world’s greatest sports figures and fashion icons; stages hundreds of live events and branded entertainment experiences annually; and is one of the largest independent producers and distributors of sports media.
New York, United States
In the UK, IMG had little visibility over the use of contractors within their two business units, production and events. Their use of contingent labour was high; however, without structure and governed compliance processes in place, there were concerns on how the business could mitigate risk and adhere to current legislation.
They needed a model that would ultimately bring visibility, control and business compliance.
CXC partnered with the company to provide compliance, contract and managed payroll solutions to contractors (often freelancers) who had serviced their business for up to 20 years. CXC completed, with the support of their HR data, a collection project to reach out to the company’s existing workforce to enable contractors to be made compliant.
Providing an MSP solution, CXC took ownership of all LTD and PAYE casual processes.
Key services we have provided to the company include:
- Support and testing to build VMS system Fieldglass.
- Contract Resource Centre – dedicated team to support both LTD and PAYE Casual solutions.
- Full contractor visibility, within all business units, as part of the company.
- Compliance, contract and managed payroll solutions.
- Streamlined onboarding process and dedicated resource to support contractors.
- Quick start guides and welcome packs to assist contractors with registration and assignment information.
- VMS system to manage job postings, work orders, time and expenses for all managers and contractors.
- Daily status reports circulated to the IMG for job posting and work order activity.
- Support for all new onboards, contract extensions and terminations.
- Streamlined contracts process.
- Full contingent workforce visibility within all business units as part of the company.
- Risk mitigation with HMRC.
- Online portals, reducing manual processes.
- Onsite support across Production & Events – bi-weekly.
- Open days and systems training.
- Fieldglass training and support to managers and contractors.
- Supplier engagement for events business under AMA contract.
- High volume event support.
CXC provides these services as an MSP model managing the end-to-end onboarding process for business units within the company.
CXC’s MSP solution has delivered enhanced visibility, compliance and governance controls to the company:
- Efficient process to engage contractors and turn around compliance within short timescales.
- Fully compliant contractors at live date and on an ongoing basis.
- Visibility and mechanism to enable HR to review usage trends.
- Streamlined invoicing process and payment schedule for both LTD and PAYE workers.
- Alternative invoice processes offered and delivered for a business unit.
- Faster payment terms resulting in payment being reduced to 2-week in arrears.
- Self-bill process, resulting in contingent workers no longer needing to raise an invoice to present to the company (both LTD and PAYE).
- Compliant engagement and workforce management resulting in zero-employment claims.
- Thousands of work orders within Fieldglass have been accepted.
- Solutions built across the UK.