GEO is an acronym for Global Employment Outsourcing
Popular in Asia, it is a comprehensive international solution that’s ideal for hiring employees abroad when you don’t have a branch or subsidiary in the foreign location.
The GEO structure acts as ‘employers of record’ (EoR) in each country of employment – already set up and ready to onboard, and payroll new employees. This streamlines the hiring process and ensures that employers are in compliance in the host country, where the GEO partner relies on their local partners and experts.
The GEO service is a perfect fit for you if:
- You don’t have a local entity set up already
- Your company is just testing out a new foreign market
- Your company does not have capability to pay the worker in local currency
- Compliance and cost are major factors for your HR strategy
- You want to have global access to recruit top talent
- Managing risk is a priority
GEO is a more comprehensive employment solution than a PEO for companies that are hiring abroad, either short or long term. The GEO, acting as or partnering with an EoR, handles every aspect of employment administration on behalf of the end client. And while there is a single GEO structure, there can be many EoRs employing locally in multiple host countries.