CXC has achieved average cost savings of 38% per worker for RELX through our payroll solutions.
RELX’s approach to contingent workforce management was leading to inflated margins, non-compliant practices and process inefficiencies.
CXC partnered with Allegis Global Solutions to provide compliance, contract and payroll management solutions to contractors for RELX.
CXC’s payroll management solution has delivered enhanced compliance and governance controls, as well as annual cost savings of over £275,000.
RELX Group is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. It operates through four segments: Scientific, Technical & Medical, Risk & Business Analytics, Legal and Exhibitions. The group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in 40 countries across the world. RELX employs over 30,000 staff, of whom almost half are in North America.
London, United Kingdom
RELX manages the acquisition of its contingent labour through a program called REflex. Since 2006 RELX’s Global Procurement Organization has steadily grown REflex across the US to manage its external labour and independent contractors, and in 2011, the company expanded the program to the UK.
Today the program accounts for more than $100 million in annual labour spend.
In the UK, RELX was facing rising contractor costs business wide. Before engaging Allegis Solutions and CXC, RELX’s approach to global contingent workforce management was leading to inflated margins, non-compliant practices and process inefficiencies.
RELX needed a new model – one that enabled them to lower contractor costs and remain competitive and compliant within their industry. Before implementing a solution, the company identified several challenges it hoped to address, including:
- Poor visibility into its flexible worker base and a lack of data to evaluate its effectiveness.
- Inconsistent processes for supplier vetting and engagement.
- Paying a premium for resources.
CXC partnered with Allegis Global Solutions (AGS) REflex program office to provide compliance, contract and payroll management solutions to contractors for RELX. These were workers who were identified by the business as referrals or by a supplier who did not form part of the approved preferred supplier list managed by AGS.
CXC engaged with LTD company contractors initially, completing a transition phase project to bring all current resources across to CXC payroll, along with all new requests. RELX and AGS then requested CXC’s support to provide a PAYE solution to their business.
Key services we have provided to RELX include:
- RELX Contract Resource Centre – dedicated team to support both LTD and PAYE solutions.
- Compliance, contract and payroll management.
- Streamlined onboarding process and dedicated resource to support contingent workers.
- VMS system to manage time and expenses for all contingent workers.
- Support for all new onboards, contract extension and terminations.
- Risk mitigation.
- Online portals reducing manual processes.
- Full contingent worker visibility within all business units as part of RELX Group.
We provide these services in conjunction with, and as part of, the AGS’s MSP model, which manages the end-to-end recruitment process for business units within RELX Group.
CXC’s payroll management solution has delivered enhanced compliance and governance controls. Additionally, we delivered:
- Annual cost savings of over £275,000.
- Average cost savings per worker was 38%, since enlisting CXC to provide payroll solutions.
- Efficient process to engage workers and turn around compliance within short timescales.
- Streamlined invoicing process and payment schedule for both LTD and PAYE contingent workers.
- Global contingent workforce solutions built in the UK, Ireland and Netherlands.
- Further business opportunities gained from successfully delivered solutions with other AGS accounts.